Friday 30 April 2010

Freeform Bowl - Totem Pattern, PY 356

It was starting to look a bit biased towards the traditional Poole on here, but this Freeform bowl makes a nice change.  This is one of my favourite patterns, painted by Glenys Hallett in the mid 1950's.  But I've not added much Freeform pottery to my collection recently as the prices seem to have rocketed.  This one was more affordable because it has a small chip!  I try not to buy damaged pots but every so often I can't help myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rob it`s me Ged I got into a bidding war on Ebay yesterday for the exact same Scoop/pot as in yr picture here in the end I had to let it go as it reached £300 fkn Quid Jeasus it looks like freeform`s starting to rise again as predicted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ged, I was watching that too. I sold this bowl to someone in Spain a few months back. Mine wasn't perfect and sold for quite a bit less than that. I think your right about the prices for Freeform.

    ReplyDelete