Wednesday 22 August 2012

GZ Jam Pot

Jam pots were some of the first Poole pots I collected.  It's no surprise - they're small, reasonably priced and have that lovely Poole teardrop finial.   This one I found on eBay recently, the pattern, GZ, is simple but quite effective, and I think fairly uncommon.  It was painted between 1934 and 1937 by Iris Skinner.  
Tomorrow, I'm off to The Newark Antiques Fair.  It will be the first time I've seen it on the first day, but then on day two I've often wondered (or annoyingly been told by a holder of a Poole depleted stall) exactly what I've missed.  So a friend has agreed to skip work with me, and splash out on the extra admission, at least for one time, and I'm hoping to be the first to spot more Poole gems like this.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that's lovely!
    Good luck at Newark, let me know what it's like (keep an eye out for vintage clothing sellers, to see if it's worth me going!) xxxx

    ReplyDelete