Saturday 3 January 2015

Happy New Year


First post of 2015, and not far off this blogs 5th anniversary. And still the post keep on coming.
This one was also a birthday present from last month, given to me again by my friend who I occasionally go to Newark and other fairs with.  We found this pot together in an antiques center in Salts Mill, Saltaire that always has a good selection of Poole and other classy stuff that my friend also likes.  He's been keeping it safe for the past 6 months of so, so I'd half forgotten what it looked like until I unwrapped it.  Shape number 353, painted in HI pattern, designed by Truda Carter in an unglazed style that was a development on the earlier unglazed wares designed by Jame Radley Young.  It was painted by Majorie Cryer in the late 1920's or very early 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment